Click on the Question to see the Answer
When learning to ride a motorcycle, we often get some common questions. We have taken the liberty of jotting a few of them down here:
- First step is to do the Basic Rider Course; after successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate,
- Take our certificate to Motor Registration Division, do the written test and vision test, and Motor Registration will issue you your 'Learners Permit for Motorcycle' (Class 6I),
- If you already have your Class 5 license (not 5I or 5II), you can attempt a road test after 30 days as a learner. This will give you your full Class 6,
If you DO NOT have your Class 5 license, you csn attempt a road test after 8 months as a learner, which will give you your Class 6II, after 12 months in Class 6II, you get your full class 6,
With your learner's permit, you can ride a motorcycle on the streets, however, there are some restrictions:
- Accompanied by licensed motorcyclist with 4 years driving experience, on another motorcycle or in a motor vehicle,
- Novice rider, and accompanying rider, must both have a Blood Alcohol Content of 0 mg% per 100ml of blood,
- Passenger NOT permitted,,
- Not permitted on Highways where posted speed limit exceeds 80 km/hr,
- Road Test Required to exit this level,
- If you DO NOT have your Class 5, you are not permitted to ride 1/2 hour prior to sunset to 1/2 hour after sunrise,
Students need to provide their own protective riding gear:
- An approved Helmet (DOT, Snell, BSI, or ECE 22.05),
- Sturdy Jacket,
- Sturdy Pants,
- Sturdy Gloves,
- Boots that cover the ankle (not sneakers),
- Eye protection if your helmet does not have a visor,
Absolutely; this course determines whether you are ready to be out on the road, in traffic, with another licensed rider. We have a riding test at the end of the on-bike training, which determines if you are ready for the road. We don't want to send anyone out into the streets if they aren't ready or if they will get hurt doing so.
If you don't pass our test, but have completed all the exercises, then you may return during lunch times for extra practice. When you feel you are ready to try the test again, just let us know and we'll fit you in for the testing with a group we have on course.
There are many reasons one might not finish a course; these can include:
- Getting nervous about exercises, and student decides not to continue,
- Student has an accident and gets injured, and cannot continue or misses lessons, or too much instruction time,
- Student has or develops bad and dangerous habits and doesn't correct them (in which case, based on safety, the instructor may decide that it's too dangerous for that student to continue,
- There could be other reasons,
Absolutely, you're trying to learn to operate a motorcycle that you have to balance, and if you don't maintain your balance, you could crash and very easily end up on the ground.
For the Basic Rider Course, we do provide the motorcycle. For the Total Control Rider Course, the student provides their own motorcycle. We have six (6) Suzuki Marauder 250 motorcycles, and two (2) Honda CBR-125R motorcycles.
Courses generally go ahead rain or shine; it's up to the Chief Instructor to determine if it goes ahead. If we have snow or ice on the ground we'll have to cancel and reschedule. If it's just a rainy day with light or moderate rainfall, the course will go ahead.
Text messaging to 709-730-4000, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org works great. You can call, but if it's from 9:00am to 5:00pm I won't be able to answer, as I work for MUN full time. However, if you text or email, one of our associates or instructors will return your text or email.
There are no second chances when it comes to wedding photography. There are no re-dos if it takes your photographer a while to get the great shots. When chance these special photos to an ameteur. This is one area where professional equipment really does make a difference! Call me to find out why!
Most peopole have a DSLR camera these days; unfortunaly, they rarely progress past AUTO mode, and if that's the case, it's just as well to use and iPhone. The camera phone is to Photography as the two-minute noodles are to cooking. But some people think two minute noodles are amazing!